Monday, August 22, 2005

grass farts and dog breath

Any takers on the RASC Winnipeg Spruce Woods Star Party?  I've never
been, but the Winnipeg group is a dedicated lot of troopers.  I've been
to a couple of meetings and enjoyed the enthusiasm.  I've yet to get to
the observatory, but maybe this fall will see some more effort there. 
They have quite a big telescope there to dazzle a guy bent on toying
with machines of all kinds.





Tonight M2 went off with Ian to fish at the duck pond, east of Rosa. 
They came back with a couple of small jack fish.  It'll be bone city
tomorrow for breakfast, but I'm sure M2 will enjoy them.





I took a couple of fillets off the first one and then M2 went nuts on
the second one.  I love that kids coordination.  I would love to school
her in something that demanded the most out of her body.  She's just
built to run.  When she was really young, I remember watching her with
a full sized baseball bat tucked up under her arm so she could pivot it
up with both hands after throwing the ball up then clocking the ball
hard, as if it was a certainty.  What a kid.   She's letting her hair
grow a bit so she's not quite so dyke at 12 years old.  She's become
much softer over the summer as she was treated like the special kid she
is by our exchange student "C" that we housed for six weeks.  It was
all so so good for M2.  There were many tears on departure and in the
days following.  It surprised us all, how well the summer went with an
import to our unorthodox style here.





M2 and I are both ADHD and card carrying members I might add.  :P 
She's done trials on what I like to term "pharmaceutical grade speed". 
It's dextroamphetamine, but I like to make Mums uncomfortable.  It's
always easy to piss off guys, but Mums tend to pose more of a
challenge.  I'm a fan of dex.  I'm a fan of ADHD.  I'm thinking it's an
under rated resource for our culture.  Oh baby, turn me loose with the
links on this puppy!





Speaking of Mums.  A friend of mine has a Mum that stopped in today and
never even glanced up to acknowledge I was alive.  I've obviously over
done the pissing off in that direction.  Not quite sure what's up with
that, but I suppose it might not be all mine.  She seems to prefer the
cool distance of isolation with people.  Curiouser and curiouser.

Think Rudyard Kipling.



Yes, yes, I'm feeling my oats tonight.  I'm still in a foul state
emotionally, but Boo's home and now my hair is all trimmed tonight and
I
don't look quite the frightening sight as I did before dinner. 
She's such a sweetie for keeping Papa looking so good!  :P


Rave On.



Now that was a great looking pit bull.  Questions?








And truth be told not a bad photograph either. Humble just ain't in me tonight.




This should entertain the geeky ones until the wee hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment