Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The job that won't end

Fitting the metal sheeting to the shop roof tonight should be tricky with the wind up like it is now. I hear some of the scrap bits tumbling across the yard as I sit here. There are some thunder boomers forecast for tomorrow and I'm sure hoping to have the metal on before that. The lumber yard has held us up until late yesterday with materials not delivered.

Yesterday's run seems to have gone down all right, but I know I'm short of sleep. I didn't nod off until three or so this morning. Mood is light and focused. Dextroamphetamine is such a gift for me and ADHD.

I had a local guy stop in for a battery in his watch today. He's a bit on the dull side, but full of the subtle, survivalist ways of the culturally empoverished. He is very far over weight and by the time he'd walked the 10 meters from his truck to the shop with was breathing like I would after running a brisk 3 kilometers. I am so grateful to have a body that works. I wish I could feel some compassion for him but I only came up with my mean streak. I guess I've got a ways to go before nirvana after all. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment