Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Late night

Ran 3 miles easy today.  Needed to go easy too.  I'm a bit
tired and tomorrow I'm supposed to have a tempo run so I'll be needing
all my sleep.  Tempo run search -  http://shorterlink.org/379



Swam at St. Malo tonight.  That's the first time I've been in the
lake this year.  It's cooking hot here and my lamp beside my bed
has drawn a multitude of insects through the screen.  I am loving
the heat.  Many years it's just plain old "too hot", but not this
year.  After so long without a blast of prairie heat, I'm just
lapping it up.



Here is the training program I'm beginning.



I'll run the race on September 25th.

CN Tracks of Glory 



Here is a piece on the remontoire.  When I was in school to study horology, I met Mr. Fried.  He was very tolerant of our youth and enthusiasm.

 

Short version -

"The term remontoire is engraved or stamped on the back dust covers of
many Swiss and French watches made mostly after 1860. Strictly
speaking, the term indicates the watch doesn't have to be wound with a
key."

No comments:

Post a Comment