Tuesday, August 9, 2005

sore eyes

I've baled out on this mornings construction. My eyes are sore to touch, I'm so tired. That means I can run today yes? :P

We'll hit the project again when Ian McKinnon gets here after work at 16:00 sometime. I've some materials to pick up and then some watch work to do. Groceries to buy will flush out the rest of the day. Louise is still not back from the city and Claudel is working today, so John and I would have to be tending kids all day from up on the roof and that's not likely going to lead to much getting done through the day anyway. Dang! The project from hell.

The best part I guess is that Ian and John really got their heads around the remaining questions about what remains to be done. Hopefully, the weekend will see it pretty much done and over with.

PU phoned from Minneapolis and Meite is shopping with banshee like intensity. PU is aghast at the cost of things at the Mall of America. I thought they were going down for cultural events, but maybe shopping has become a cultural event now. Not for me yet!

Played a bit of guitar on Sunday and that's left me feeling like I could kill several hours there today. Must stay focused!

You know how sometimes people don't sound like they look, or how you'd think they'd sound. I had one of those moments today when a long time friend called. We've written back and forth for a while and I expect we are both more comfortable in words, but this woman should be making a living with her voice! Smoothly sensual. She could sell anything over the phone to a man and likely a few women. Yikes... not many people come across as sensual on the phone but she has that one down pat. The best part is that it's not an affectation, or if it is, I bought it hook line and sinker.

Father in law is down. I'm off to give him a call. He's a super guy and everyone loves his vitality. When he's sick it's not a good feeling for any of us.
Cheers! Ian. Shopward bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment