Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tears, laughs and a boat load of good food.

 The Virtual Machine Shop





This looks like a pretty good resource for starting out and for some of us, later on too! 





Ran my three miles today after bottoming out and missing Saturday's
cross training and Sunday's long run.  I just over did it and had all
the classic symptoms of over training.  I just have to touch the hot
element to see how the stove works!  I'd been so clean on that type of
stuff for so long I forgot how much it bites!




I'll hope that I'm fit to put in my four miles tomorrow.  Maybe
I'll take my gear to the city and catch a run there... hmmmm





C is headed back to Quebec tomorrow.  She's the exchange student we've
had for six weeks this summer.  She's been a bundle of fun and good
energy.  Lots of good food, tears, gifts and laughs tonight.  The girls
headed down to the river after dark for one last swim.  We took a lot
of pictures tonight and enjoyed the last night together.  What a ride
to develop such a close bond like this.  It's been a big bonus to the
summer for us all.





In a couple of weeks we should have Adri from Venezuela for the whole
of the school year.  Here we go again.  I hope it can be half as
rewarding as our time with C.




It feels like some good decisions are being made now.  Schedule 2
narcotics are a wonderful thing.  Pharmaceutical grade speed is
what
I'm talkin' bout!  ADHD... hey look!  String!  Feed the
hyper guy
speed, yeah!  It's been such a good thing to have the chill of
dextroamphetamine on my team these past two years.  Life might
have been very different had I been medicated with speed when I was a
kid.





It's been very low on the side effects after the initial adaptation,
and the benefits have been outstanding.  I have many more options and
such much more social comfort.  Now, making money is another matter all
together, but we'll get to that later... or I'd better.  I need new
runners every 500 miles and if I don't get some cash flow soon, I'm
going to end up doing without.  Summer is almost over though and the
kids and Mum will head back off to school and I'll have the place to
myself again.  That will help.





The garlic is ready to dig.  I made foccacia the other night and was it
ever good to have fresh garlic to build i t with.  I love those little
bulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment