Saturday, August 27, 2005

We have withdrawn as host family

Another mile stone in married life tonight.  Long story, boring and
repetitive so I'll spare you the gory details of life in a twenty year
old marriage with a randy sonofagun like me.





EF fucked up again today. 
Actually I don't know when they fucked up, but I picked up the mail
today and had a bio for a guy from Brazil when for months we've been
communicating with a girl from Venezuela.  I have heard trouble brewing
as the Venezuelan president spars with the American religious right in
the form of Pat Robertson.
  I think Robertson sounds like a rogue and a
terrorist.  Or is that he's just a simple bully that hasn't been taught
any manners or civility.





Oh, is my somewhat hostile relationship with the US administration
shining too brightly.
  Fuck wads.  Men that never learnt a single thing
from their mothers that was something different than they may have
learnt from their fathers.  Balance people, balance!  I'm such a
ranter. 





Saw "The 40 Year Old Virgin" last night.  I'm getting old.  I laughed my face off.  I'm so ashamed.





"The Perpetrators" were playing along with the Dust Rhinos and I should
have gone, but you know... life is short and I've spent most of it as a
juvenile, so it wouldn't hurt to grow up a bit... NOT!





I'm such a sucker for the blues and "The Perpetrators" song "She lets
me know" is so raw.  It sounds like it was recorded in someones
basement.  A simple blues riff with a powerful driving power chord
support with a very loose lead singer that knows how to swing.  It was
very difficult to listen to it and continue to drive the speed limit.





Ran tonight.  Did two miles.  No HRM and no chrono
M and I talked the whole way.  She's turned into a different person
this summer.  Much more interested in self preservation.  I'm
encouraged.  That was never my strong suit. 





I did three loads of laundry today, but didn't get the last one
folded.  Hung some heavy towels out on the newly restored clothes line
too which was good for me.  I love air dried towels.  It's like a luffa for after the shower.  Got to love those self induced good sensual moments.  Tomorrow I'm up early to do some cookin'. 
Maybe make some bread first up.  Haven't decided what it will be.  I'd
love to make buns, but I've never been successful.  Will tomorrow be my
day? 





I've been hurting for three weeks.  Let this be the end of the tunnel.
I'm scared to look to see if there is light.  The sky tonight was
fabulous.  Dark and brilliantly like I'm living in a galaxy.


Songs of Monty Python ringing in my head.



****************************



Dear Adriana.
We have had some difficulty communicating with EF from the beginning.
Recently we found Theresa to be a great help, but today we were handed
another surprise when we received a package for another student and not
you. This one was a boy from Brazil. We were very disappointed.
We will not host students through this program now. We are not
confident enough to be a good host with EF. We are very sorry to have
presented you with such a hope, but maybe they will find you another
good host in Canada. I'm so very sorry to have to withdraw our offer to
host you. It's a sad day for us, but we can not support EF. We feel
they have not been respectful or straight forward with us.
You will no doubt become a universal traveler and contribute much to
the world around you. Enjoy it all and live a full life full of courage
and integrity. We know you will do well at whatever you set your mind
to.
Respectfully. Ian
Below is what I sent to EF tonight that tells part of the story as to
why we have broken ties with EF.



 ========================





Hi Theresa.
In a long comedy of errors, we received in the mail today, a bio for a
fellow from Brazil. I'll return it to EF in Toronto when I go for the
mail next week some time.
This is just a note to say that our confidence has not been up to the
twists and turns of dealing with EF.
We had been looking forward to a good experience, but it seems that we
just don't have the confidence to pull it off, nor to be as flexible as
EF needs us to be. Sorry for the mix up, as you've been a great
ambassador for Canada and EF, so it's no pleasure to withdraw our offer
to host a student through EF's program.
The lines of communication remain questionable in our minds and we can
not see contributing with open hearts in this venture with so little
respect on display and so much taken for granted. This is not to say
that you personally have carried anything of that type of feeling
through your presentation. You have not. You have been a pleasure to
deal with and we have all appreciated how you have helped try to make
this all happen.
I'll copy you on what I send Adriana and apologise to her and her
family in the best way I know how. I'll include the content of this so
they can ponder it later if they so choose.
Please feel free to share this with whom ever you would care to.
Respectfully. Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment