Wednesday, September 14, 2005

CBC lockout rantage

I'm pretty sick of right wing conservative bone headdedness.  From another bundle of victims in Baghdad
to our school just learning that oppositionally defiant kids don't come
from bad parenting, it's just all too close to looking like fruit flies
to me.  We are bound by evolution to follow the hard wiring within our
genetic code into extinction unfortunately. 





Don't get me wrong, I'm having a lot of fun, I just don't see the light
at the end of the tunnel for humanity.  Change is not something I come
by easily either, but I have managed a few significant shifts.  Not the
least of which is that I'm no longer killing myself more quickly with
booze and tobacco.  It's been 16 years I've been free of self
destruction with the drink.  I don't know how long without smoking, but
it's been more than a half dozen years.





The CBC is the mainstay of free speech in Canada.  It's where I learnt
what my Mum thought about.  My Dad thought about much less involved
things.  Mum's interests revolved around the ability to make choices
based on reflection and choice.  Personal freedom to create, and
explore were foremost in her mind. 





The CBC employees have been locked out since August 15th and I'm sorely
missing my fall routine when the kids go back to school and the radio
takes over again.  It's just not the same without the regulars.





Here are a collection of links I found that help keep up with the fight. 


I'm a red pinko bastard from a way back.  Of course I support the workers. 





Tod Maffin has a lot of stuff on the web.  This is his cbcunplugged blog.  Scroll down for a podcast of how to deal with a pint of Guinness properly. :D




This is a collection of relevant posts that are linked to cbcunplugged.












A collection of images of the lockout at Flickr.




Darryl MacLeod's site
, youngeek.ca





Friends of Canadian Broadcasting





cbclockout tags

 

No comments:

Post a Comment