Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sunday run

A fun run today. I was tired after a night of entertaining. I was scheduled for a more intense run at a shorter distance, but decided to scale back and hopefully avoid a crash.

I ran five miles. Two slow at LSD pace of 11:34 min/mile or 7:19 min/km, then two miles aiming at a ten minute mile. The first mile was close at min/mile10:02 or 6:14 min/km. The second mile I was having trouble slowing down. I do this when I'm tired and it frequently gets me into trouble. 9:28 min/mile or 5:53 min/km

I was out there for 55 minutes then had a big stretch. I was comfortable in shorts and a tee shirt again today. What a fall we've had!

The two mile warm up enabled me to run most of the first faster mile about 10 to 15 heart beats a minute slower than if I didn't warm up well. Sure makes me wonder how I'm best to warm up to run a race. The pace was very comfortable when I could keep to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment