Sunday, March 19, 2006

Another one home



Another Royal Python home safe and sound. I went to hear a guy talk about chameleons last night in the city. He's breeding them in his bedroom. :D You gotta love enthusiasm.

The talk was amazing, but the best was being taken into see these guys get fed.


We had watched a DVD about chameleons that was well produced and full of good information combined with lots of amazing images. Then we were taken in to see these guys nab food out of Wade's fingers.


I didn't know the tongues were quite that long. Their tongues are 1.5 times their body length. It's quite a show to see them grab food. A good time was had by all and I got to bring home another snake. It's a male ball (Royal) python to be a mate for Bonnie's. We'll have to wait a few years, but the prospects are good for having some nice looking "normals". He's about to shed, so he's blue eyed and blind as a bat. Apparently he's been quite quiet for a few months which is common through the winter. That is to say he hasn't eaten in ages.





I tucked him into his new home in a simple lab type set up in the shop. I bought a display tank at a good price last night to show something off. I really want an Irian Jaya Carpet Python, but I may have to go back to work for a while first.

No comments:

Post a Comment