Saturday, April 1, 2006

An Eternal Golden Braid



Consciousness In The Cosmos and threads involving the edges of our understanding have continued to play a role in my life. Thank heavens for that. I was out last night with some university students and the arrogance of youth was stunning. Stunning and as thin in substance as cling wrap and about as transparent. I have to find a better crew.

Thank the gods for aging. I never ever have that feeling I hear from others about wanting to turn back the clock. Don't get me wrong, I like this ride and want it to last forever, but go back? No thank-you!

Much of today I luxuriated in easing the blow of last nights horrors of social limitations by reading and pondering this entire thread. I'm always flattered when SB drops me a private message trying to tease me into the conversation. I'm flattered, because when I was growing up, I found very few people who could enter into such rational enquiry. So in my earnest ways I'd just spill it as best I could, often ending in a lot of glazed looks. Issues of the mind are still taboo. It's like it's defining the difference between the literal and the metaphorical for me. I'm thinking through Douglas Hofstadter's Gödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid (commonly GEB)





Dances with Kipling's "Just So" stories are rampant in my imagination.


Try and remember that if we didn't have a role to play we'd have been bred out by now. < g >



Mum, you are so good for me. I hope you are spending some of your days writing.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment