Saturday, August 12, 2006

life

Working out on Fridays is such a good thing for me. It breaks up my week in to bite sized pieces and allows for a big social day at the week's end. I'm enjoying the back of a jewelery store much more than I thought I would. I need more ways to introduce structure in longer cycles.

Tomorrow I get to help break down the event structures for the Gardenton Prairie Days after 15:00, then head back in the evening to assist with an RASC fellow member telescope setup. Sunday Manon and I are off to The Reptile Gardens just east of Brandon. We'll be going with a crew from the Manitoba Herpetoculture Society, so we should get into the nitty gritty behind the scenes. I hope none of us get eaten by any reticulated pythons.

Right after I got home this evening John and I headed out for a trail run with his young daughter. I ran the mile to meet them then we ran down to the swinging bridge and back. I ran the mile back home and an hour and a quarter had gone by. I was well ready for dinner by that time. Trail running is tough, but fortunately John has ten years on me and does most of his running on a tread mill so there was a lot of walking involved tonight.

At the swinging bridge we saw a large snapping turtle. End to end, the shell measured maybe a half metre. It was quite impressive watching it work the bottom of the river as it shopped for food, We watched from above. I'm easily amused. :P

More hot wind from the south and the well water drains out the bottom of the well a little farther.
One of five, one of three, one of two and more.

PU and I were putting the living room back together yesterday after the painting. PU asked me to sift through and label some unmarked video tapes and in them I found a 1983 taped broadcast of Stevie Ray Vaughn playing the El Mocombo in Toronto before he got famous. What a great bit of tape it is. I had to watch the whole thing again. It chokes me up to see that much emotion spilt. I wish he was still with us.

And now I lay me down to sleep. Mum? Are you crying, laughing or washing your hands of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment