Thursday, December 7, 2006

Winter black bird

This poor little one has lost it's way. I doubt it will survive. It's only the very beginning of the harsh winter here. It's not straying too far from the feeder today. The temperature is -27C and the wind chill takes it down to -38C.

These images are poor. I'll hope to get some decent ones later, but without a long lens I may not have had another chance, so just did what I could to identify this character.







It's always remarkable to me how easy it is to enjoy such brilliant mornings outside. Yesterday I had the pleasure of being accompanied on the drive home by a spectacularly animated sun dog. Large flowing dogs were rippling away from the sun on either side of it. The circle was complete above the dogs and the sun was tightly stared four ways from it's centre. Some of the gifts of winter. I was wishing I had taken the camera with me, but I'm always wishing that and there are, after all, more things to do than luxuriate in imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment