Monday, February 4, 2008

ADHD presentation and new running program

I'm having a tough time believing that reducing my runs from four to three times a week and turning two of the three into more intense runs has demanded so much more out of my quads. I was supposed to run on Saturday, but was just too short of sleep to muster it. I ran on Sunday and logged four miles with the middle two at tempo pace. I was tired today, but ran a slow three miles anyway. I look pale. Life is just busy, that's it, that's all, that's everything.

I'm getting some really good feedback from the ADHD presentation my wife and youngest put on for a teaching "in service" day on Friday. I've never been so focused. Must be old age getting the better of me. :P

It was brilliant to deliver such a potent message with such a clear focus. I knew it was strong when I was doing it, but the comments are still coming in and they were from the members I was aiming for. Namely the support staff, administration and teachers that don't think they should play a role in accommodating the special needs kids in regular class rooms.

Here in Manitoba it's mandatory to be inclusive that way.

Pierrette is a teacher and very accustomed to speaking publicly. Manon has won numerous provincial first and second place victories in all types of public speaking, but I'm usually not capable of pulling all together to deliver what I want at game time, but not on Friday. Friday was my Super bowl. I nailed it.

I have been meaning to write something about the ego centric nature of living with a busy brain like mine. It wasn't until I got to understand that I didn't want to have my part in the presentation to be an Ian circus that it all began to settle into place. How could I serve these hard working professionals best? That was it, and with that idea I was off to the races. I really hope we get asked to do this gig again. I've got some ideas for improving the impact and content of the message.

If anyone has any insight into things that help in dealing with ADHD types, please pipe up. We can't have too many of those ideas. :P

Going through the photo archive while reflecting on all the different things I've studied made me smile inside. I make a good father.
Rave on.

Losing face? Naw... just a new skin! It's the cost of growth, or weight loss, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment