Friday, February 20, 2009

Spayed - tying off the leaking surgery bits

I had to pick up the dog regardless of how she was making out. She refused to eat or drink at the clinic. I'll have to remember that strategy when I'm being kept in a horror show against my will.

She's not out of the woods yet, but she is now our most valuable pet by a wide margin. We've had dogs spayed before, but we've never had any complications before this experience. Given that the problems were of the vet's doing, I was not happy to get another big invoice to pay today. I won't be advertising for this vet's work that's for sure.

When Rosie came home on Wednesday she was wasted.

dope_750

Today when I picked her up she was all bright eyed and bushy tailed. She looks pitiful, but she's some kind of happy to be back home. She drank a couple of liters of water the minute she was through the door and ate a half ration dinner shortly after that. She wanted to sleep, but seemed reluctant to take her eyes away from us while we ate dinner this evening. Poor thing. Tomorrow I'll have to change her dressing and keep sticking the antibiotics into her.

Conehead?

cone_head_750

The business

spay_1_750

If I have to do any more dancing for this operation I think I'm going to come unglued.

No comments:

Post a Comment