Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nasal irrigation day two

Nasal irrigation has captured my curiosity. Today I began on my left side just because I had done my right side first yesterday. I wonder what long time practitioners prefer in their technique?

Do they flood one side at a time or do they alternate? What subtle variations in head position do to the process? It's the middle of the first over load of spring pollen and my head is more clear now than it usually would be in the off season. Both sides of my head are open and clear. It feels foreign, but I hope to make it the norm.

I can imagine that a daily personal hygiene routine that included nasal irrigation would make it very difficult for virus and bacteria to become established with any vigour up there in the lost caves in my head. I'm curious about how it's going to feel to run now. I might have to do that today in the heat. Singing was certainly better today. I had a hold of some low notes that have been illusive until now.

Time to trap some pocket gophers.

1 comment: