Friday, June 19, 2009

Student carnival day at PDC

I participated in a carnival at an arena filled with 20 some odd stations for about 250 francophone kids to celebrate life, love and community yesterday where PU teaches. What a display of good will and spirit it was. It was a lot of fun to be surrounded by such positive kids and crew.

I took a broad cross section of critters for big kids and small to handle and enjoy. It was a big hit. Many of the kids remembered my presentation to the high school last year and welcomed us warmly. PU helped me out as Snoot had exams. Another excuse to spend some recreational time with PU never hurts, especially in June when we seem to see very little of each other.

I had a male tarantula that put on a very good show walking constantly along, around and up my hands and arms for a lot of the afternoon. Usually they aren't nearly so active.

We were swamped with kids for much of our time there. It was a bit of a gong show trying to keep tabs on all the animals to ensure they didn't go off with some of the kids for a show and tell around the carnival, but we managed. Great fun it was.

spiderman_ebony_750

2 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased to discover you blog! V. cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pleasure is mine. I was happy to find more of your writing too. I just finished moving from Livejournal to this site. So far, so good, for me. I love the user interface.

    ReplyDelete