Friday, October 23, 2009

Feed, dust, manure, mold and a dead pressure system

OK, that's it for the heavy lifting for the week. I hauled 13 half ton loads of wood out of the bush and today I unloaded 620kg's of chicken feed into the barn by hand. That's enough already.

I'm so congested that the neti pot was hopeless at getting anything through my sinuses tonight. Nasty. I hope I don't get sick before I can get cleared up.

We've rented out the East field to a young local farmer. He spent ten hours in the past two days dragging a large gang disk through the old over grown land. After so many years of watching it grow in it's wholly bizarre to see it all tilled up into dirt. We'll be enjoying about three thousand gallons per acre of liquid hog manure on it in the spring. The farmer seems intent on not wasting any ammonia to evaporation so hopefully it will be all worked under promptly. More will be revealed.

Snoot went for a long ride in the big tractor (375hp) yesterday and remains a kid. Thrilled she was.

I suppose the freshly tilled earth would release a plethora of spores, so maybe it's not just the ground grain that has me so plugged up. A little rain would help things I think. My left ear is wonky. Sleep is needed and one more time for good luck. No more heavy lifting for this week!

Climbed out of the shower after two hours of total immersion in grain dust and the pressure system gave out. Water being as popular as it is, I'm sure to be looking into getting that back running tomorrow. I really just want to goof... really.

On the upside, the sock wool I bought on the coast is looking fabulous in a scarf. Snoot is making noises about it already. I win!

No comments:

Post a Comment