Monday, March 15, 2010

New bowls

I'm a bowl guy. I lived with an artist many years ago and that helped trained me to use and love hand made bowls. I usually buy my bowls when I go west to see M&P, but my favourite potter there has flown the coup for greener pastures in Calgary so I came home empty handed.

I decided to dedicate some time to sourcing some local potters and today was the first step in that search. The University of Manitoba ceramics artists were holding a sale for the first three days of this week in the University Centre building.

I was there early enough this morning to ensure I had a good selection. I managed to come away with two bowls that were to my liking and am looking forward to a fund raiser that will feature nothing but bowls on April 11th at the U. of M. I'll be there with bells on.

ceramic_bowl_1_750

No comments:

Post a Comment