Monday, June 28, 2010

Squalls, bear traps and tiger lilies

We've been getting an extraordinary amount of rain. When we bought this place, we were most concerned that the water well would support us. We've only had once instance in the twenty or so years that we've been here where that's actually materialized as cause for concern.

Yesterday we got another 18mm which we did not need. The lawn is very soft under foot. The gardens are struggling to drain and support a reasonable growth rate and the chicken coup is soup.

I love how this short clip shows the squall as it gets up to speed.





This morning I clipped the last of the garlic flowers so those bulbs can hopefully plump up with their entire life force. The good news is that for whatever reason, I didn't need insecticide to get the job done. Maybe it's the cooler northerly flow that is providing some stunning blue sky this morning. That blue sky seems so exotic. I haven't been supported in my need for ultraviolet exposure much lately. I'm craving some brightness to the days.


lilies_750


In bear news, the bear trap is in place, but I don't think it's going to catch a bear.


bear_trap_750

No comments:

Post a Comment